- Rejoice always (don't grumble or complain)
- Pray about everything (things you would otherwise worry about)
- Thank God for what he has done in your life and in the lives of others
- Think about good, true, and beautiful things
- Surrender to dependence on God more and more
- Remember that the Lord will return soon
- Be considerate in all you do
These are from Philippians 4:4-13
Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again–rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.
Don't worry about anything. Instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he as done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix you thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me––everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.
How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me again. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn't have the chance to help me. Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.